“Be grateful for all the difficult people that challenge you in life, for they give you the opportunity to learn & evolve.” ~ Natalie Ledwell
Most of us have at least a few people in our lives who push our boundaries and test our patience.
Like that neighbor who insists on mowing the lawn at 6 am on Sundays...
Or the aunt that puts you down and never has anything nice to say…
Or a spouse or friend that betrays you.
But when we impulsively react to people that irritate us or have wronged us, we instantly get pulled into their own vortex of negativity.
Yet even from these negative people and situations, it’s still possible to get positive results.
And that’s by showing them gratitude.
Because every single person in your life has the potential to teach you more about love, forgiveness, compassion, trust, and yourself.
So why not take the opportunity to grow and evolve from every relationship?
If you’re still not quite sure how to show gratitude to people who challenge you, then here are 10 ways to get you started:
1. Listen with your heart to what they have to say without interrupting.
2. Thank them for opening your eyes to a new life perspective, even if you don’t agree with it.
3. Make sure they know how much you admire their strong beliefs, even if you don’t hold them yourself.
4. Don’t tell them they’re wrong; resist the temptation.
5. Challenge them back with love and a positive attitude.
6. Thank them for motivating you to explore beyond your comfort zone, and making you a stronger person.
7. Write a thank you letter or a blog post about how these experiences have helped you become a better person.
8. Apply the skills you’ve learned from them - like courage, patience, and resilience - to the rest of your life.
9. Introduce them to someone who can also give them the opportunity to grow and evolve, like they did for you.
10. Express your appreciation for them in a calm and loving way.
And before you go, don't forget as the Law of Attraction states: like attracts like! Meaning even when people can be difficult to deal with, you have the choice to remain in a higher vibrational state. Eventually your positive, beaming attitude will attract like minded people.
So many people struggle to consistently keep their vibrations up and manifest the things they want. In fact, some even wonder if the Law of Attraction is real.
As someone who's been studying and teaching the Law for over a decade, let me assure you it's very real - and it's actually surprisingly easy to work with, once you know how.
Try it out and let's turn you into an unstoppable force of manifesting nature :)
And if you have any other advice or suggestions on how to show gratitude to difficult people in your life, please share them with our community in the comment section below :)
Natalie Ledwell is a best selling author, speaker and successful entrepreneur. She's passionate about helping others to achieve their greatest dreams and ambitions through her personal development programs and her online TV show, The Inspiration Show.