After my divorce from Glen, I decided to take some time for self-reflection. I needed to understand what had gone wrong in my previous marriage and acknowledge my role in its breakdown.
Also, I wanted to figure out what I truly desired in my future relationship.
When I eventually felt ready to reenter the dating scene, I turned to dating apps and enlisted the help of a dating coach.
Initially, it was challenging to gauge whether someone could be the right fit for me. However, as I navigated the dating world, I gained valuable insights into the key signs that indicate someone might be a good match.
Here are my top 7 signs:
1. You Feel At Peace: When you're with the right person, you feel calm and relaxed. They make you feel safe and peaceful. Any type of relationship, whether it’s romantic or not, should bring you peace not stress.
2. You Laugh Together: If you both laugh a lot, especially at silly things, it's a sign you're a good match. Laughter brings you closer and shows you enjoy each other's company.
3. You're Yourself: You don't need to pretend or act differently around the right person. You can be your true self without any worries.
4. Your Values Align: One of the most valuable lessons I learned in life was whether you’re going into a relationship or business with someone, you have to be aware of what your values are and make sure that their values are also in alignment with that. One good example is Glen, my ex-husband. Even though we're not married anymore, we can still be in business together and have this amazing relationship because our values are aligned.
5. They Inspire You: Good people inspire you to be better. They support and encourage you to improve and be your best self.
6. You trust each other: Trust and love often grow hand in hand, rarely existing independently. It's crucial to understand that a loving partner is generally a trusting one unless trust has been breached. In a healthy relationship, your partner won't doubt your intentions when you spend time with friends, invade your privacy by checking your devices, or demand that you’re constantly together. Trust also encompasses feeling secure enough to express emotions, share opinions, discuss challenges openly, and request support when needed.
7. They want the best for you: I really appreciate how Bert helps me maintain a good balance between work and personal life. When I finish work in the evenings, he makes sure I take breaks and step away from the computer. He also encourages me to schedule lunch or dinner dates with my girlfriends, which helps me relax and unwind. It's something I truly value about him.
Now, before you go, and whether you’re in a relationship or not, you’re going to enjoy this super cool gift that will help you awaken the love life you’ve always craved.
It’s my Love Abundance Toolkit that includes 50 empowering love affirmations to help fill your heart with limitless confidence, clarity, and self-love, along with a unique (and very eye-opening) quiz to uncover your perfect match!