Are you pressing the snooze button several times every morning?
Do you find yourself complaining before your day has even begun?
Are you checking your email before you’ve even washed your face?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then it might be a sign that you’re missing out on the single most important thing that will determine the rest of your day… OR the rest of your life!
And that’s having good, productive morning routines!
While there’s nothing wrong with checking your email, making this part of your morning routine can potentially create stress from the get-go.
Instead, set yourself up for success and start your day with something that uplifts you and nourishes your mind, so that you can fill your day with positivity and be ready to tackle any challenges ahead.
So today, I’d like to share with you 7 morning rituals that can help you be more productive throughout the day:
1. Express gratitude - Sometimes we forget how amazing it is to simply wake up to a new day and be grateful for being alive. Every morning before you get up, repeat this aloud: “I AM grateful for this day” and see how your day changes. It’s a great way to start your morning and even has the power to put you in a better mood!
2. Set your intention for the day and have a success mindset - Every single thing that’s been created on earth started with a single thought and that thought carried an intention. Similarly, we shape our life experiences in this way. If you intend for something to happen, you’ll likely take the necessary steps to create that change in your life. So before you embark on your journey, ask yourself, ‘What do I intend to get done today?’.
3. Smile - Did you know that smiling has been shown to reduce stress, reduce blood pressure and boost your immune system? You’ll really be doing yourself a favor by smiling, even if it’s for no reason. Plus, it’s really difficult to stay angry when you’re smiling. :)
4. Stretch - Stretching in the morning not only helps melt away any grogginess, but it also helps to ‘warm up’ your mind for a productive day ahead. Before hopping in the shower, try bending at your waist and touching your feet a few times (remember to micro-bend your knees and not lock them!) and just let your head and neck hang for a few minutes. Incorporating a few stretches into your morning ritual will also help you release any mental tension and make you stronger.
5. Have a nice breakfast - Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it provides you with the nutrients your body needs for performance. By taking the time to eat in the morning, you’ll also be contributing to maintaining a healthy body weight and have more energy throughout the day. The more energy you possess, the more productive you will be. To see which habits you should give up immediately while adopting these new ones to become more successful, click here.
6. Start with a clean slate - Remind yourself that every morning is a new opportunity to start fresh. So forget yesterday, forgive yourself and start over!
7. Connect with yourself - While you brew coffee or tea, take some time to breathe, close your eyes and connect with the present moment and savor it.
Take these few minutes to focus and get your mind clear.
Continuously practicing these 7 actions above will transform these things into solid habits, where you can lead the successful, productive, happier life you crave!
Now, before you go, I have a quick 13-minute exercise that will reveal exactly what’s preventing you from being your most successful self!
This exercise was made for people who wish to break through their success blockers and create a success mindset that leads to amazing and unprecedented results.
Plus you’ll even get a FREE copy of my ‘7 Morning Rituals for Success’!
Go here to download your free copy, and prepare to become the most productive version of yourself!
And if you practice any other morning rituals that you find really powerful, please share them with our community in the box below. :)
*The Mind Movies team has updated this post on January 22nd, 2018 to include the latest information for our readers.
Natalie Ledwell is a best selling author, speaker and successful entrepreneur. She's passionate about helping others to achieve their greatest dreams and ambitions through her personal development programs and her online TV show, The Inspiration Show.