“Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.”
- Anne Herbert
Have you ever held the door open for a stranger, and then found them so delighted and surprised that it warms your heart? Or have you ever had a stranger pay for your coffee, without them expecting anything in return? Random acts of kindness like these have the power to change someone's life for the better - without much effort at all!
At Mind Movies, we believe daily acts of kindness are good for everyone. They restore our faith in humanity and remind us of the inherent good in everyone (including ourselves).
So here are 29 of our favorite ideas - some super simple and some a little more involved - to help you start giving the gift of giving to friends, family, co-workers, and even complete strangers:
1. Send a kind postcard to someone who could use a pick-me-up. Like a sick child, a long-lost relative, people in nursing homes, war veterans, etc.
2. Pay for a random person at a restaurant. Who says there’s no such thing as a free lunch?
3. Listen (as in really listen) when someone talks. It’s surprising how much we miss when we’re just waiting for our turn to speak.
4. Leave a letter of encouragement on someone’s car. They might think it’s a parking ticket at first, but when they see what it really is…
5. Buy a sandwich for a homeless person. And why not throw in a hot coffee too.
6. Throw a surprise party for someone you love. You don’t even need to wait for their birthday.
7. Give a tip to someone who doesn’t usually get tips. Like reception staff, cashiers, or grocery store workers.
8. Set a kindness day for yourself. On this day, put in an extra effort to serve others in big and small ways.
9. Write a poem for someone. And remember, it’s the thought that counts.
10. Prepare two healthy lunches and give one away at work. There’s nothing like a home-cooked meal.
11. Leave some change behind at the laundromat. Someone could surely use it.
12. Help a stranger carry their groceries. You’ll save them an arm ache.
13. Call your parents and tell them you love them. You can never say it often enough.
14. Compliment someone. I love your outfit, your energy, your smile, your laugh…
15. Leave an encouraging comment for a YouTube artist. Yes, they probably read each one.
16. Pick up the phone and call someone. Even just to say you’re thinking of them.
17. Give away a book that changed your life. Buy a few copies for friends and family.
18. Visit an orphanage over the weekend. And try to visit the same one over and over, the kids will appreciate a real relationship with you.
19. Let the person behind you at the grocery store pay first. Especially if they’ve got less in their basket.
20. Give way when you’re driving on the freeway. Sometimes a little space is all people need.
21. Donate to the local food bank. Even just a few cans of food can go a long way.
22. Offer to babysit a friend’s kids. And let them enjoy a date night on you.
23. Write a positive Facebook update. You can make a friend’s day even if you don’t see them.
24. Give someone you love a luxuriously long hug. Your spouse, your kids, your parents.
25. Remember people’s names. Whether it’s the security guard, the doorman, or the postman.
26. Pick up a pet at the local animal shelter. Adopt, don’t shop.
27. Take a photo for a couple. It’ll probably look better than a selfie.
28. Pick up some trash in your local park. This is our world, we should treat it with the same respect as our own home.
29. Let someone help you. Holding space for kindness is also a form of kindness.
And If You’d Like To Shower Yourself With A Little Kindness, Here’s A Gift For You :-)
Just in time for the holiday season, we’ve activated a tremendous 92% discount on our bestselling Law of Attraction online course of all time: Law of Attraction 101.
Law of Attraction 101 gives you all our best tools and technologies for amplifying your manifesting power and getting the Universe on your side.
And when you try it now, we’ll also include $255 in FREE Attraction Supercharger Bonuses, in addition to your 92% discount.
Natalie Ledwell is a best selling author, speaker and successful entrepreneur. She's passionate about helping others to achieve their greatest dreams and ambitions through her personal development programs and her online TV show, The Inspiration Show.