Below are some of my words to live by; practicing the following habits will contribute to your overall wellbeing :)
#1 Don't overreact
- You are in control of how you perceive a situation and how you mentally and physically react.
- Before you get worked up about a certain event, take a deep breath and think about a few things you are thankful for. Take your mind off the current situation for a couple of moments before you decide if this is really something that's important to you in the long run, and if it's really worth getting upset about.
- Don't take life too seriously. When you get frustrated over small events such as parking tickets or a small argument, your life feels more overwhelming and negative. Focus on the positive aspects of each day and let go of what you can't change.
# 2 Appreciate The Little Things
- Taking even just 5 seconds to really appreciate things that come into your life on a regular basis can go a long way towards making you a happier person.
- Make sure to savor relaxing and joyful moments.
- There is always something to be grateful for so look for the beauty in common things. A sunset, a smile, a hug or a walk in nature... whatever it may be, appreciate the moment!
#3 Be Honest
- Honesty keeps you out of trouble. When you tell the truth you never have to trace your steps back and wonder, "Did I say or do that?" There is freedom in being able to live without wondering if you actually took an action or if you made up a story in the past.
- Honesty gives you credibility. When you have credibility people feel more at ease when they're around you and are more likely to trust you and what you say. You don't have to explain yourself if you are honest and open with others.
- When you are honest with yourself and others, people tend to respond in the same manner.
#4 Believe In Yourself
- List your accomplishments. Write down the goals you have accomplished and feel proud of yourself!
- Do 5 minutes of exercise. Even a small amount of exercise each day will boost your happy hormones and raise your vibration! You will feel an instant boost of energy and this could be the start of a more regular routine.
- Meditate or pray. Go within. Let your ego drop away. Let go of judgment and get in touch with your inner being.
- Change your self-talk. Be a detached observer of the things you are saying to yourself. Change your words to words of love & kindness.
#5 Volunteer/Give Back To Others!
- This is a fun and easy way to explore your interests and passions.
- Doing volunteer work you find meaningful and interesting can be a relaxing, energizing escape from your day-to-day routine.
- Volunteering also provides you with renewed creativity, motivation, and vision that can carry over into your personal and professional life.
- Volunteering also makes you feel fulfilled and useful. When you give back to others, you can feel satisfied knowing that you improved someone else's day.
#6 Add Fun & Excitement Into Everyday Life
- Get outside. Spend time each day in nature, take a walk, drive somewhere new, and explore your surroundings!
- Try an unusual recipe. Cook something that you've never tried before or order something unusual at a restaurant that you wouldn't normally try.
- Write down your life vision. Spend some time thinking about your dream life filled with fun, excitement and adventure. Write down your vision and the actions you could take to get yourself there.
#7 Jump Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- If we stay within our comfort zones, we will always get the same exact outcome; without fail. That's what happens when we follow the path of others without taking the opportunity to form our own opinions and views.
- Don't let the fear of failure deter you from going after what you want. There's always a chance for failure in anything we try to accomplish in life. However, that’s for us not to do them.
- Believe in yourself and take a chance! You never know what you're capable of until you take a chance and try doing it.
I hope you enjoyed my 'words to live by', and make sure you try one of these ideas TODAY! Something great may come of it :) If you have any words of wisdom that you live by please share them in the comment box below.
And before you go, I have the perfect Law of Attraction gift for you! It’s an inspiring video e-course featuring the biggest Law of Attraction stars from The Secret: Bob Proctor, Marci Shimoff, Dr. Joe Vitale, and John Assaraf.
The tips and secrets inside will help you quantum leap yourself into your dream life faster than you’ve ever imagined possible. Click here to get free access. Enjoy!
*The Mind Movies team has updated this post on December 14th, 2020 to include the latest information for our readers.*
Natalie Ledwell is a best selling author, speaker and successful entrepreneur. She's passionate about helping others to achieve their greatest dreams and ambitions through her personal development programs and her online TV show, The Inspiration Show.