Happy New Year (almost)! It’s time for some inspirational quotes to motivate you to start your year with a bang! The beginning of a new year is a time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future. Whether you’re looking for motivation in your professional or personal life, it can be helpful to look to those that came before us - their written and spoken words can really shed some light on our path towards our goals. For me personally, I always keep some quotes and words of affirmation around so I can easily remind myself to work towards success.
So as we wrap up the end of the year and get prepared to take on 2019, I’ve gathered 10 motivational quotes to help you ring in the new year:
1) “If you want to reach a goal, you must ‘see the reaching’ in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.” – Zig Ziglar
Well, this falls right into my know-how - visualization, Law of Attraction - which is why I put it as my #1. It’s a great reminder, and the perfect quote to start each day of the new year!
2) “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language. And next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.” — T.S. Eliot
I just love this quote. It’s so poetic and creative and right to the point. And always a good reminder that an end is a beginning!
3) “Whatever you think you can do, or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Absolutely agree with this. “Be bold” is one of my mottos. Achieving your goals and maintaining success requires boldness, and it’s never too late to decide to be bold!
4) “The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams today, in every little way you possibly can.” — Mike Dooley
This is a great quote. The only time we have is the present, and when we’re truly living in the now - not ruminating over the past or fretting about the future - then we can really start living our dreams.
5) “And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.” - Rainer Maria Rilke
Another poetic, lyrical quote that I love. It’s always exciting to anticipate things that have never been - which, of course, doesn’t take away from the things that were. But welcoming the new is a lovely thing!
6) “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
This is a great way to start every day, no matter what time of the year. Wake up and find something to be grateful for, no matter how small, and remind yourself that it’s the best day yet!
7) “I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the year’s.” - Henry Moore
Another great one by the incredible artist Henry Moore. Staying in the present :-).
8) “It Doesn’t Matter Where You Came From. All That Matters Is Where You Are Going.” - Brian Tracy
Absolutely. First, looking forward and not back is vital - but also, I see another message here. That no matter your background, how you feel about things that have happened in the past, change is always possible!
9) “Happiness Is Not Something Readymade. It Comes From Your Own Actions.” - Dalai Lama
Even the Dalai Lama’s quotes have a soothing quality about them. But he’s right - your thoughts and your actions are the biggest pieces of your happiness.
10) “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
I said this above, but I wanted to make sure I added C.S. Lewis’s quote because it’s so poignant and true and a great way to wrap up this list.
How about you? Do you have any favorite inspirational quotes? I’d love to hear them - just add them to the comments.
It comes in a PDF so make sure to download it here and get your year started right!
Until next year!