It’s normal to shower every day to keep our physical bodies clean. And yet so many of us forget to ‘shower’ our minds and energetic bodies, clearing them of the negative energy we accumulate from the world at large.
Whether it’s fear-mongering from the media, draining encounters with other people, or even your own stray self-defeating thoughts, negative energy will always find its way to imprint itself on you - no matter how hard you consciously try to reject it.
So how do you shake off this accumulated negative energy? Well, that’s where energy healing techniques come in. Energy healing is the act of cleansing yourself of negative energies and patterns that stick to you; adversely affecting your emotions, beliefs, habits, thoughts and vibrations.
This may sound complicated, but it’s not: there is a vast variety of energy healing techniques, and it’s possible to perform many of them in a matter of minutes. You don’t have to be an energy healer practitioner nor do you need any special tools to do so.
Here are 8 of my favorite energy healing techniques you can try right now:
1. Listen to an energy healing guided meditation: Relax, close your eyes and press play on one of the countless meditations you’ll find on YouTube.
2. Dance, smile, laugh: This is probably the most enjoyable energy healing technique ever. Studies show that your body movements can have a direct impact on your energetic and emotional wellness - so turn up your favorite song and do your goofiest feel-good dance :-)
3. Take a walk in nature: Allow the sights, smells and sounds of a forest, beach or mountain trail re-center you, and liberate you from the poisonous stress of your daily life. Even a 20-minute walk is enough to rejuvenate your brain, and loosen the grip of any negativity clinging onto you.
4. Deep breathing: Conscious breathing is the foundation of many mind-body practices like meditation and qigong. One of my favorite simple techniques is to close my eyes, take deep and slow breaths, and visualize the act of relaxing each of my body parts (my face, neck, shoulders, chest, arms, fingers and so on). Remember that this is your time, so take as much of it as you need.
5. Light a fire: You may need a trip to the grocery store for this one, but it’s worth it! Tie together a bunch of dried white sage, rosemary or cedar; then set it on fire on one end, and blow it out. Wave the smoldering bunch around your body and in every corner of your room, allowing the soothing aroma to engulf your senses and cleanse your energetic blueprint.
6. Affirmations: An affirmation is an empowering positive statement that burrows deep into your subconscious mind, and instructs it to turn that statement into reality. For example: “I am a money magnet” or “I effortlessly attract positive people, energy and situations into my life.” Affirmations are a great way to overwrite negative energy with positive energy. I love reciting mine in the morning before work so the ‘afterglow’ sticks with me all day.
7. Expressing gratitude: Ah, the old faithful. Gratitude is one of the simplest and most rewarding energy healing techniques - yet most of us tend to forget to express it daily. One of my favorite ways to stay on the thankful train is to keep a daily gratitude journal next to my bed. Every evening before bed, I just write down three things I was most grateful for throughout the day - which shifts my brain into a state of thankfulness, and keeps me there as I dream the night away.
8. Yell as loud as you can: I know this one might sound strange - plus isn’t yelling a sort of negative thing to do? Well try this: find a place you can yell comfortably (like in your car or into your pillow). Next, before you start yelling, visualize that with each yell, you will unblock and release your negative energies from within, and that you’ll feel better after doing so. Now go ahead and yell all that negative energy out (remember to smile, you don’t want to look or feel angry as you do this).
Have you enjoyed these easy energy healing techniques?
Then how would you like to learn how to use them - and other, more advanced personal coaching tools - to make a real impact on other people’s lives too? And perhaps even make a rewarding career out of it?
My soul sister Margaret Lynch - one of America’s most acclaimed personal transformation coaches - is giving away an incredible (and 100% free) video training series, where she shows you exactly how she built her rewarding coaching practice; all in easy-to-follow and replicable steps.
You’ll also receive a free self-assessment quiz to help you discover what’s holding you back from making a living doing what you love (and yes, the answer could be an energetic block)!
This video series won’t be free for long, plus - why wait another second on what could be the most fulfilling and rewarding move of your life?
And if you have any other useful methods of clearing negative energy from your life, feel free to share them below in the comments :)
Natalie Ledwell is a best selling author, speaker and successful entrepreneur. She's passionate about helping others to achieve their greatest dreams and ambitions through her personal development programs and her online TV show, The Inspiration Show.